(Hartford, CT.) – Police Chief James C. Rovella announced today that as of January 24, 2013, with the move of the patrol division and detention facility, the transition of all police services to the new City of Hartford Public Safety Complex is be complete.
“I want to express my gratitude to the public for their patience during this period of change. I am sure they will appreciate the benefits they will derive from their new Public Safety Complex, including its central location at 253 High Street, improved parking, and access to all first responder public safety services under one roof,” said Chief Rovella.
Important public information:
- The address of the Public Safety Complex is 253 High Street, Hartford, CT., 06103. The main, non-emergency phone number is 860-757-4000.
- All current phone numbers for the HPD remain the same.
- The visitor parking lot is located in the front of the building with access from High Street, which remains one way heading south from Albany Avenue.
- Bondsmen and the public requiring access to the detention facility are directed to a telephone located in the main lobby from which to call the detention facility to be escorted to the facility. The phone number for the detention facility is 860-757-4380.
- The HPD Teleserve Office located in the main lobby will be open to the public on Thursday, January 24, 2013.
- The Records Division (860-757-4150) is operational and open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The City of Hartford Public Safety Complex was officially opened to the public in a ceremony hosted by Hartford Mayor Pedro E. Segarra on Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
The Internal Affairs Divisions, Major Crimes, Special Investigative, and Crime Scene Divisions relocated to 253 High Street the first week of December, 2012. Also relocated at the time were the Civil Litigation, Advocate, Personnel/Planning, Accreditation, Fiscal, Payroll, and Office of the Chief. The Records Division began operations at 253 High Street on January 12, 2013.